Do you know how to sell your ideas and products to others? You need to and now you can. I have broken the code on the art of selling by showing tens of thousands of people how to be GREAT at SALES. Selling is as vital to your survival as food, water, and oxygen are. In my book "Sell or Be Sold" I provide very simple executable concepts that you can adapt to your personality and use with confidence to successfully sell others on yourself, your ideas and your products. Herein you will find step-by-step success strategies and effective sales techniques to prosper under ANY economic condition.
Every person successful in business or life, you will find an ability to influence (sell) others on their ideas. Wouldn’t it be great if you knew what successful people know or don’t know? Wouldn’t it be great if you knew all their success strategies and more? For instance, if you knew the universal formula for negotiations, you’d be more successful, right? You could then take any area of your life as it is currently, decide where you want to be, and practically achieve your goals one-by-one! You’ll have the critical points you need to know to ensure your dreams become a reality and get what you want, and deserve, NOW!
Here are 50 common characteristics I have found amongst those that are great sales people. Most of these people didn't consider themselves natural sales people but because they were able to embrace the following qualities and became great at selling. There is no one personality type that makes a great sales person. What makes a great sales person is the actions you take everyday.
- Great sales people don't think in terms of sales but in terms of building a business.
- Great sales people build their business one customer at a time and then leverage the last customer into more customers.
- Great sales people listen more than they speak, getting an understanding of the customers needs and then customize a solution.
- Great sales people deliver more than they promise and always promise a lot.
- Great sales people invest their time in those things that positively affect their income and avoid spending time on those things that have no return.
- Great sales people are always seeking new and better and faster ways to increase their sales efforts.
- Great sales people are willing to invest in networking, community and relationships, knowing that the difference between a contact and a contract is 'R' and that stands for relationship.
- Great sales people are fanatical and obsessed about selling, their customers and growing their businesses.
- Great sales people don't depend on marketplace economies for their outcomes and instead rely on their actions.
- Great sales people surround themselves with over-achievers and have little time for those that don't create opportunities.
- Great sales people never accept good enough as good enough, always pushing themselves harder than others would ever dare.
- Great sales people don't see failed sales attempts as failures but as investments in the process.
- Great sales people never give up on unsold clients knowing that one day, someday in the future they will become clients.
- Great sales people squeeze hours out of minutes and weeks out of days.
- Great sales people see problems as opportunities.
- Great sales people invest in their education, development and personal motivation knowing that these are the tools of a sales professional.
- Great sales people invest in their careers, their businesses and their customers.
- Great sales people hold themselves to performance standards that are higher than even their management teams do.
- Great sales people don't need others to hold them accountable, they hold themselves accountable.
- Great sales people are constantly in think, plan and prepare mode in order to continue to build their client base and keep their pipelines full.
- Great sales people protect and guard their client base like a good parent would their children.
- Great sales people are completely convinced that their products and services hold more value than the money they charge for them.
- Great sales people have convictions that run deep and cannot be challenged by economies, competitors or lower prices.
- Great sales people are excellent communicators and able to focus their communication on getting a deal closed.
- Great sales people don't see themselves selling as much as they do serving but also know that a sale must be consummated in order to serve.
- Great sales people challenge themselves constantly and are not satisfied with awards and paychecks because they correctly estimate their true potential.
- Great sales people are never satisfied with themselves, their own efforts, their delivery or their incomes.
- Great sales people are not just interested in being #1, but interested in disrupting the status quo in their industry.
- Great sales people don't stay busy, they stay productive!
- Great sales people willingly stretch way beyond being comfortable.
- Great sales people want to create clients and referrals for life knowing a really passionate customer is worth more than a paycheck.
- Great sales people never blame others, economies or conditions for their performance.
- They are obsessed with building a clientele that will take care of them and their company for years.
- Great sales people willing and inspired by failure knowing that failure can be the inspiration for innovation.
- Great sales people stay hungry knowing this is the only way to not go hungry.
- Great sales people show up early and stay late.
- Great sales people view problem customers, even dissatisfied customers as opportunities to create fanatical fans.
- Great sales people see a job with a fixed salary more of a risk than an income based on commissions.
- Great sales people value connections with their community as the main aim of commerce.
- Great sales people are devoted to being in their absolute best physical and mental condition.
- Great sales people have the work ethic of an obsessed person and the persistence of maniacs.
- Great sales people know that logic is the dream killer. Instead, they trust instinct, creativity and passion to lead and fuel them.
- Great sales people are great with their money not overspending, creating wealth for themselves and their families.
- Great sales people are good at starting things and great at finishing them.
- Great sales people don't seek the easy way and instead pursue discomfort and difficulties knowing these customers are valuable.
- Great sales people use agreement and acknowledgement like magicians keeping alive negotiations that others would let die.
- Great sales people are completely convinced that what they are doing is making a difference for their clients.
- Great sales people seek to be #1 in their sector and their industry not for ego but knowing it will result in more sales!
- Great sales people obsess over dominating their industry not competing in it.
- Great sales people take responsibility for the entire sales cycle from start to finish and are willing to get involved in those things that typically other departments would handle.
This list comes right out of my book Sell Or Be Sold. Get it and learn how to become great at selling, persuading, promoting and marketing yourself, your ideas and your products. Your ability to survive and prosper depends on your ability to SELL!
Grant Cardone is a New York Times best-selling author, star and executive producer of the reality TV show "Turnaround King," host of the Cardone Zone radio show, and is regularly seen on Fox Business, NBC, and Business Insider. He was named the Top Sales Expert and a Top 10 Business Coach to follow on Twitter.
His commentary on business, financial and social issues have been carried in a wide variety of publications including Huffington Post