In my previous blog post, I gave you the first 6 tips that would help you land any job you wanted no matter the economy. Today, I’m giving you the final 6 tips that will help ensure that you will be “The One” that the company hiring has been waiting for to fill their post.
7. Do NOT rely on the HR department and do every thing to bypass them even though this is not politically correct. Find out who knows the players in the company and get your story in front of the decision makers of the company.
8. Do NOT depend on the Internet or on social networking sites. They may be a good place to get a date or play poker, but they will not get you a job. Get yourself, your resume and your story in front of decision makers.
9. Talk about the Future. In the interview, do NOT talk about what you have done in the past. Talk about what you can do to create for the company in the future. Make big claims as to what you will and can do for the company.
10. Sell Yourself. Do NOT go into an interview to be interviewed, go in to sell yourself. Avoid communicating from the viewpoint of what the company can do for you but rather what you can do for the company.
11. It’s all about REVENUE. Anyone who can directly or indirectly assist in revenue creation is desirable! Those that can sell their ability and willingness to do whatever it takes to assist in adding revenue to the company are always desirable regardless of the overall job market.
12. Be Positive. Approach your current situation as a new opportunity to create a new life for yourself and carry that attitude with you into every interview.
Take this time to bury yourself in positive books and audio programs so that you bring the best you to every interview. Follows these 12 tips to get a job in any economy and check out my newest book, The 10X Rule to take the MASSIVE ACTION necessary to achieve massive success.
Grant Cardone, International Sales Training Expert & NY Times Best-Selling Author