HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
Cardone Enterprises is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join our team in Aventura, Florida. The Human Resources Generalist manages the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource office, and the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs. The HR Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruiting, on-boarding, departmental development, employee relations, and employment.
The Human Resources generalist is responsible for all or part of these areas:
- recruiting and staffing;
- performance management and improvement systems;
- organization development;
- employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting;
- employee orientation, development, and training;
- policy development and documentation;
- employee relations;
- company employee communication;
- employee safety, welfare, wellness and health
The Human Resources Generalist will focus on the recruitment of competent employees and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
The Human Resources Generalist coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff; reports to the COO and assists and advises company managers about Human Resources issues.
- Recruitment of stellar staff
- Development of a superior workforce.
- Development of the Human Resources department.
- Manages the recruitment process for exempt and nonexempt employees and interns using the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Conducts the recruiting planning meetings when needed staff is identified.
- Reviews resumes for all candidates and interview nonexempt and exempt, when assigned, candidates for employment.
- Serves on employee selection committees or meetings.
- Assists with the development of Human Resources policies for the company with regard to employee relations.
- Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
- Recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Participates in the conduct of investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Advises managers and supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline system of the company. Counsels managers on employment issues.
- Assists with the implementation of company safety and health programs. Tracks and posts OSHA-required data and files reports.
- Complies with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act(FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and so forth. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
The Human Resources Generalist assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the Human Resources Director.
To perform the Human Resources Generalist job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required of the company Human Resources Generalist.
Human Resources Generalist Requirements
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
- Excellent computer skills. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development or equivalent.
- Three to five plus years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations, preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred, not required.
This is a full time position, 9am to 6pm Monday through Friday in Aventura, FL
Paid Time off and insurance benefits become available with tenure.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- Human Resources: 3 years
- Aventura, FL